Skip to content
5 TIPS FOR STAYING HEALTHY AND ENJOYING YOUR SAUNA
- Hydration is important before and after your sauna session. Be sure to drink lots of water to replace what you will lose in a normal session.
- Be comfortable. It’s a matter of preference on what you wear (if anything at all) in the sauna. If you wear towels or clothing, loose is better. Comfort is the key to enjoying yourself.
- Know your limits. Keep in mind that endurance to the heat and humidity is built over time. Don’t overdo it in the beginning. Preheat your sauna prior to entry, then start with 10 or 15 minutes. Over time you can build-up to 30 minutes or longer if desired.
- Enhance the experience. Aromatherapy fragrances such as Eucalyptus can give you a whole new dimension of enjoyment in a sauna. The fragrance is added to the water in your sauna bucket, where it is gradually added to the heater’s hot stones. We offer the largest selection of aromatherapy fragrances anywhere so check them out!
- Alternate with a shower. One great tip to strengthening your immune system is to alternate cold showers throughout your sauna session. Of course if you have an outdoor sauna close to water, or even have quick access to a swimming pool, a refreshing plunge or two is just what the doctor ordered.